Friday, May 13, 2011

Thank You, God, for Mommy Review

The next book I reviewed for Thomas Nelson’s book review group, Book Sneeze, was a children’s book. I am always very happy to be given the opportunity to receive a new children’s book, and this one did not disappoint. “Thank You, God, for Mommy” by Amy Parker is illustrated by Frank Endersby. This twenty page book has thick, laminated pages that are wonderful for younger readers. (or listeners!) The story is about two panda bears, a mommy and a child. The story tells all of the many ways that the child is thankful for the mommy bear: her smile, her patience, trust in God, her silliness, and her unconditional love. There are just enough words on each page to make it detailed and interesting, but not so many that a young toddler wouldn’t love to sit and listen to the book. The illustrations are very cute. They depict each word very well, and are really cute to see. I read this to my almost three year old son, and he really loved it! This would make a perfect Mother’s Day or birthday gift for a mom, from her child! I recommend this book, and I would purchase others by the same author.

No comments:

Post a Comment